Cuffing Season recapped and Situationship Spring begins!

Isabel Bruce
Although Cuffing Season has officially ended, Lincoln Cards still feel romance in the air throughout the hallways!

Cuffing season, the season of romance, sweaters and drama has officially come to an end. Many Lincoln students were left relieved, heartbroken, exhausted or even possibly…cuffed!

As a refresher, cuffing season is the part of the year in which the leaves fall from the trees and couples linger in hallways. 

Senior Maia Sowders, who at the beginning of cuffing season was single, feels that her cuffing season was surprisingly fruitful, and is now in a relationship. Sowders shares that oftentimes, a romantic connection can be just around the corner. 

“I learned that you don’t have to go out and find someone new because it could always be your best friend,” said Sowders.

Senior and Slovakian exchange student Tomas Lesay expressed confusion in the beginning of the cuffing season when it seemed like everyone suddenly wanted to be in a relationship. 

“Don’t push it. There’s no point in trying relationships just because you want to have a relationship,” said Lesay. 

Now that cuffing season has come to an end, flowers are blooming and people searching for love are doing it in a different, more casual form. Such as situationships! These much more casual flings flourish in spring as a result of their post cuffing season nature. 

A situationship, as defined by Sowders is: 

“Dating but not dating. There is no label and no real commitment. It’s a trap,” said Sowders, who prefers relationships with clear boundaries. 

Individuals who enter spring after an unsuccessful cuffing season may find themselves in a situationship. Sowders and Lesay have different advice to those who feel stuck in a situationship this spring. 

“Communicate and openly ask them what the plan is,” said Lesay. 

“Run…don’t settle and don’t look unless you are ready” said Sowders.