May Cole: Reporter

May 16, 2023

Courtney Mayo

May Cole is a junior on The Cardinal Times staff who is graduating early this year.

This year May Cole has written a plethora of articles branching across a variety of subjects, from “Do lush face masks taste as good as they smell?” to an article covering the issue of under-representation of women in Lincoln’s STEM classes. She has contributed so much to the staff through her funny or hard-hitting articles. 

Cole decided to graduate a year early and will be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Biology at Mount Holyoke College. She will be on the Pre-Health trackso she can reach her eventual goal of becoming a pediatric nurse. The choice to graduate early was an easy one. 

“I just felt like I wouldn’t be taking any classes that I could be passionate about in my senior year,” Cole said.

Cole wanted to be on the student newspaper at Lincoln to share her voice, and likewise, she is also considering joining a publication at Mount Holyoke. 

“I have always enjoyed interacting with people and like looking into and writing about hard hitting issues—The Cardinal Times has also given me an outlet to be more involved in the community here,” said Cole.

She says being on the staff of The Cardinal Times has given her valuable life lessons.

“I have learned to not be afraid to reach out to people and not be afraid to speak my opinion,” said Cole. “Sometimes it can be scary to put more controversial views into print, but doing so this year has been really liberating.”