Profile: Sam Hall

Courtesy of Sam Hall

Sophomore Sam Hall is a member of the Lincoln water polo team.

For many students, finding a community in the pressure filled school environment is integral to thriving. Joining sports is a unique opportunity to create lasting bonds through hard work towards common goals. One such community is the Lincoln water polo team, which sophomore Sam Hall joined this year. 

The time Hall has spent with the water polo communities has been a key part of his experience at Lincoln. 

“Playing on the water polo team has been a great experience in and out of the water,” said Hall. “It’s pushed me far beyond what I thought I was capable of and driven me to become a better athlete and person.”

The water polo team has inspired Hall to stay connected with other people at school.

“It’s easy to get comfortable not doing too much, and being in any sort of school community really makes you engage with those around you,” said Hall. “You feel better about yourself at the end of the day, and of course it looks good for colleges.”

The connections he’s made is what stands out the most for Hall.

“My favorite part is the connections you build with people you didn’t think you had anything in common with,” said Hall. “You get to form relationships with people you would see at school and it really broadens your perspective.” 

Hall is thankful for everything the team has given him.

“I’m so thankful for these connections and I honestly think it’s doubled my friend circle,” said Hall. “The team is full of awesome people who were really welcoming and I have a new respect for all of them.”

Hall plans on continuing to play for the water polo team and hopes to have a positive effect on future players.

“I love the sport and playing with the school has been some of the most fun I’ve had doing sports,” said Hall. “My goal is to get to be a captain and provide the same great first-year that I had to Lincoln newcomers when I’m a senior.”