Snowboard team wins three halfpipe categories, off to state

Snowboard team won two trophies and two medals at its first and only halfpipe competition of the season so far. Senior James Mitchell-Hart won individually and was followed up by Lincoln’s second-place finisher, sophomore Travis Martin. The boys also won in the squad category, which consisted of Mitchell-Hart, Martin, junior Michael Angyus (4th), and sophomore Adam Knox-Warshaw (6th). Each of them will be competing at state at Mt. Bachelor in the halfpipe category. Sophomores Sylvi Kruger (7th) and Tallulah Villereal (9th), junior Ellie Andreyka (8th), and Freshman Logan Arata (10th) earned second place for girls squad. Both Kruger and Andreyka will represent Lincoln at state.

The competition took place on Sunday, March 8 but was originally scheduled for a date in February. But because of the lack of snow, the date had to be pushed. However, that was not the only change of plans because the competition took place at Timberline when it was originally planned for Mt. Hood Meadows. Being at a high elevation, Timberline was a more accommodating resort for the event since it had 10 inches more snow, compared with Meadows, to build the halfpipe with.

To see which snowboarders are heading to state for Boarder Cross, Banked Slalom and Slopestyle, click the link here: https://cardinaltimes.org/8232/sports/state-snowboarding-announces-lincoln-qualifiers/