Students access resources through websites for extracurricular opportunities

The line for resources outside of The Blanchet House in Downtown Portland, which has many volunteer options for students

Lincoln students have many opportunities for volunteer work and jobs around the greater Portland area, along with many club options inside of the school, but getting started can be confusing. Shannon Fasold, the Career Counselor at Lincoln and Senior JJ Klein-Wolf, the ASB Clubs and Activities Director, have many helpful resources when it comes to volunteering and clubs at and around Lincoln.   

For those who would like to get involved with volunteering, there are many non-profit organizations in Portland. As for those who would like to get involved with jobs, Welcome to the Lincoln High School College & Career Center (Rm 153) which is the career counseling website could be helpful.

“The career center homepage has a lot of options, along with VolunteerMatch  which can show opportunities in the person’s area. VolunteerMatch.org can be a very useful resource for students looking to find volunteer opportunities.” says Shannon Fasold, the career counselor at Lincoln.

When students would like to get involved with a club there are many different options and a wide variety of types. Here is a list of the available clubs: HOME | My Site

Klein-Wolf says, “Joining a club or affinity group can be a great way to find connections with people who share similar interests or have experienced things that you may have as well.” 

“Highschool is a time to try out new things and have new opportunities for people” says Fasold.

Some useful resources that you can use may be:

Career Counseling Website: Welcome to the Lincoln High School College & Career Center (Rm 153)

Career Related Learning Experiences:  Career Center / CRLEs and Graduation Requirements

Clubs and Activity’s Homepage: HOME | My Site

Shannon Fasold: [email protected]