Oh, the places you can go (for lunch!)

+Students+wait+in+line+to+order+from+Kinara+Thai.
Anika Rigby
Students wait in line to order from Kinara Thai.

Lincoln High School is in the middle of downtown Portland, a city known for its food scene. Despite this, it may be hard for students to go out to eat for lunch. 

While there are many places just a few minutes’ walk from school, places can get busy, and a short 30 minute lunch does not help to go back and forth, in addition to eating.

Students often like to go out to eat because it gives more options and flexibility. However, price is also an important factor for many. 

Near the school, there are restaurants such as Bellagios. A five minute walk away, both the taste and price are well received, making it a classic, busy spot for students. 

Freshmen Nia Klein and Sylvia Tolme also recommend Go Food (also known as Eastside), the convenience store next to Bellagios. 

“We got a moon pie and some chips,” Tolme said, and that she would go back again. 

Klein said the prices at Go Food were reasonable, and freshman Teo Lippy agreed. 

“[Go Food] is the more popular one, and that one’s always really busy,” said Lippy. 

Lippy also said that there was another convenience store in the area, Express Market near Providence Park. 

“[Express Market]’s not as busy,” said Lippy, “but it’s a lot more expensive.”

In addition, Lippy recommends Kinara Thai, a relatively inexpensive Thai restaurant next to the school, with most prices ranging from $5 to $15. However, he said that it gets pretty busy. 

“I think [the wait times] depend, because if you order certain stuff, it takes five minutes. But I normally get Pad Thai, which takes 20 minutes sometimes,” he commented. 

Lippy added, “I really like that we can go out to eat, because I forget food a lot, […], I think it’s really nice that I can just leave to get food.”