Lincoln students work at Providence Park

Finnian Scott
Providence Park is home of both the Timbers and Thorns, and employs many Lincoln students.

Providence Park is home to professional soccer teams, the Portland Timbers and the Portland Thorns. The stadium is across the street from Lincoln High School and provides a convenient place to work for many students. 

Senior Lucas Andersen, works as a VIP Attendant, which is someone who provides food and beverages to guests in the lounge of Providence. He says he found out about the job through Lincoln.

“My mom told me, but it was on a job board from the school,” said Andersen.

Junior Charlie McCalla does VIP catering at Providence. He says he found out about this job through social media. 

“I saw another employee repost the flier for the hiring on their story on Instagram, ” said McCalla.

Junior Aidan Schwartz, who works as a food caterer at Providence, says it’s a nice place to work, and that the job pays well.

“They pay really good for a teenager; they pay [about] thirty dollars an hour,” said Schwartz.  

Junior Ashton Vasquez, who works as security for Providence Park, speaks about the challenges of the job. 

“Some days can be difficult” said Vasquez. “Usually those days can range from like fourteen [to] fifteen hours.”

According to McCalla, employees can also expect benefits in some positions.

“Security gets guest passes to both Nike and Adidas employee stores,” said McCalla.  

According to Anderson, employees can also receive deals on merchandise.

“We get deals on retail items like jerseys and stuff,” said Anderson. “If I want to buy a jersey, I get a discount.”

McCalla recommends a job at Providence Park for other Lincoln students. 

“It’s a basic first job; it’s not demanding, the hours are pretty good and it’s a good part-time job,” he said.

View Comments (1)