Jack Forman: Business Manager

May 31, 2019

Senior Jack Forman has been an important member of the Lincoln community since his freshman year. During his time at Lincoln, Forman co-created the No Student Eats Alone club, became a staff member for The Cardinal Times, and played on the varsity tennis team along with participating in many more extracurriculars.

A Cardinal Times staff member for all four years, Forman is already a journalistic veteran, taking on a variety of roles such as Sports Editor, Business Manager, and Social Media Manager. As the Business Manager, Forman has been responsible for landing several major advertisement deals, including one with Dutch Bros. He feels that The Cardinal Times has given him a voice to tell other people’s stories and experiences.

“The Cardinal Times has made me more aware of issues that face my peers along with other adults outside of school,” says Forman.

As one of Lincoln’s Flock Leaders, Forman has participated in leadership throughout his high school years. Forman is responsible for defending and growing Lincoln’s school spirit, leading the student body during sporting event  and assemblies. And as a co-creator of No Student Eats Alone, Forman was excited to be given an outlet for creating change.

“Being at the forefront of the anti-bullying club and the No Student Eats Alone club at Lincoln, I think I’ve been able to meet people from all walks of life that have different experiences and backgrounds,” he says. “We often get so involved in our own circle of friends and our bubble, and I think both of these opportunities have given me an ability to branch out and really meet a lot of interesting people.”

Next year, Forman plans on majoring in strategic communications with a focus on advertising or public relations and a minor in sports marketing at The University of Colorado Boulder.

“Strategic Communications is a mixture of marketing, advertising and PR,” says Forman. He believes his time as the business manager has influenced his interest in his major.

“Looking back on my Cardinal Times experience, I have always thought of it as an actual job and not a regular class,” he says. “This has taught me to better manage my time, my schedule and most importantly, prepare me for a successful future.”