Filed under News, Showcase

High times at Lincoln 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

High times at Lincoln 2019

Illustration by Jalen Javurek

Illustration by Jalen Javurek

Illustration by Jalen Javurek

In a school-wide survey conducted at Lincoln this year, 78% of the student body claim to have tried marijuana. 41% of students have smoked in the last 30 days. 36% of students have been under the influence of marijuana at a Lincoln event and 33% have been under the influence at school. Of the students who have smoked, 46% of students are getting it from other Lincoln students, 11% from strangers, 6% from parents and 10% from a fake ID. 72% of students have been offered marijuana by other Lincoln students.

19% of students smoked once a month, 19% smoked 2-4 times a month, 9% smoke a couple times a week and 8% of students smoke every day. 25% of students say their intake of marijuana has increased with it’s recreational legalization in Oregon. 23% say that marijuana has affected their friendships, and 11% say it has affected their school work and activities.

13% of students had used cocaine, 6% had used speed, 17% had used LSD, 14% had used molly 6% had used meth or heroin, 30% of students have recreationally used prescription drugs and 10% of students have used lean.

Overall, 4% of students think they have a drug or alcohol problem.

In 1972, you said….

In a school-wide survey conducted at Lincoln in 1972, 34% of the student body claimed to have tried marijuana. 64% had never tried marijuana, 11.5% had smoked less than once a month, 6% smoked once every month, 5.3% smoked once every two weeks, 5.3% smoked once a week, and 6% smoked three or more times a week. 44% of the senior class said to use marijuana, which was the highest percentages of all classes. 39% of juniors, 30% of sophomores and 22% of freshmen claimed to use marijuana.

In 1994, you said…

In a school-wide survey conducted at Lincoln in 1994, 45% of the student body claimed to have tried marijuana. 12% of students used marijuana once or more times a week. 5% of students had used cocaine or crack, 14% had used LSD and 9% had used speed. 17.5% of students had attended a Lincoln function intoxicated, while 18% had attended school when intoxicated. Overall, 4% of students thought they had a drug or alcohol problem.