Library Printing Goes Into the Cloud

Senior Pascale Rich retrieves a document she sent to the library for printing via Google Clound.
Senior Pascale Rich retrieves a document she sent to the library for printing via Google Cloud.

Students no longer need to rush to the library and grab a computer if they only need to print, because with the new printing system, they can print from anywhere in the world.

Both  library printers are in the Google Cloud, which means that once students connect them to their Google accounts, they will be able to print from their phone, laptop, or any other device in which they are logged on to their account. New librarian Fred Fox, explained that the library is “moving into a more 21st century and technology-centered media center.”

Students seem pleased with the changes. “The new printers are my life,” said Pascale Rich, senior. Both printers have a maximum number of pages students can print per day. The Ricoh one allows 25, while the Lab printer permits 15, adding up to 40 pages per day if a student uses both. “The page limit could be inconvenient with the more demanding classes that require things such as labs, USGs, etc.,” Susan Friesen, senior, said. “However, you can attempt to avoid this problem by printing double-sided.”

For information on how to install the Cloud printers to a Google account, students can follow the instructions on the new library website’s FAQ page linked here. https://sites.google.com/site/lhslibpdx/home/faq-diy